Main Article Content
Introduction: Dental and oral health is an important thing that must be considered, especially in stunted children who need more attention because they have a less level of awareness, are susceptible to disease, and have a low intellectual level compared to children with balanced nutrition. If the problem of dental and oral health in stunted children is not addressed, it will cause malnutrition to get worse and the quality of life for stunted children to get lower.
Methods: This research is an analytic observational study with a cross sectional approach. This study used the Early Childhood Oral Health Impact Scale (ECOHIS) Questionnaire and was conducted on stunted toddlers which would be filled out by the parents of these toddlers in Sumberjambe District, Jember Regency. The sampling technique uses total sampling. Of the 9 villages in Sumberjambe sub-district, 3 villages were taken randomly. Each village takes 1 posyandu with the most participants.
Results: There is a significant relationship between the behavior of maintaining oral and dental health and the quality of life of stunting toddlers. Most of the respondents had poor dental and oral health maintenance behavior and a very impactful quality of life.
Conclusion: The behavior of stunting toddlers in maintaining healthy teeth and mouth is still in the low category and the majority of respondents have a very impactful quality of life.
• Abdat M. 2019. Stunting in Toddlers Affects the Health of His Teeth. Journal of the Shia Kuala Dentistry Society. 4(2): 33-37.
• Abdat M., Chairunas. 2022. Analysis of Status of Oral Stunting in Toddlers and Its Relationship with Mother's Parenting. Advances in Health Sciences Research. 48: 122-127. Doi: https://doi.org/10.2991/ahsr.k.220302.020 .
• Aiman DT, Rohmawati N., Sulistyani. 2020. Determinants of Stunting in Toddlers in Jambearum, Sumberjambe District, Jember Regency. Health Journal. 8(3): 186-199.
• Akbar FH, Syahidah I. 2019. Relation of Socioeconomic Status of Quality of Life Related to Dental and Oral Health in Rural and Urban Communities of Gowa Regency in 2018. Makassar Dental Journal. 8(3): 142-149.
• Alif KN, Purwaningsih E., Soesilaningtyas. 2021. Overview of Tooth Brushing Knowledge in Class VIII Students of An-Nawah Islamic Middle School, Batukerbuy Village, Pasean District, Pamekasan Regency. Journal of Dental and Oral Health. 3(2): 23-28.
• Badrudin IA, Muthia K., Darwita RR, Setiawati F., Adiatman M., Maharani DA, Rahardjo A. 2021. Relationship Between Oral Health Status and Stunting in 5-Year-Old Children in Indonesia. Journal of International Dental and Medical Research. 14(3): 1039-1043.
• Diyanata D., Yani RWE, Sulistiyani. 2022. Dental and Oral Health Behavior of Stunted Children Aged 36-60 Months Through Bullet Journal during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Padjadjaran Journal of Dental Researchers and Students. 6(3): 251-262.
• Ekasari MF, Riasmini NM, Hartini T. 2018. Improving the Quality of Life of the Elderly. Malang: Wineka Media.
• Ekholuenetale M., Barrow A., Ekholuenetale CE, Tudeme G. 2020. Impact of Stunting on Early Childhood Cognitive Development in Benin: Evidence from Demographic and Health Survey. Egyptian Pediatric Association Gazette . DOI: 10.1186/s43054-020-00043-x.
• Elfarisi RN, Susilawati S., Suwargiani AA 2018. Dental and Oral Health Regarding the Quality of Life for Children Aged 4-5 Years in Cilayung Village. Journal of Dentistry. 30(3): 86-95.
• Husain A., Pratiwi R., Herdiana AN 2020. Oral Hygiene and Oral Health Related Quality of Life of Children with Stunting in Indonesia. International Journal of Dentistry and Oral Science . 7(1): 711-717.
• Iwany A., Muthia K., Darwita R., Setiawati F., Adiatman M., Maharani D., Rahardjo A. 2021. Relationship between Oral Health Status and Stunting in 5-Year-Old Children in Indonesia. Journal of International Dental and Medical Research . 14(3) : 1039-1043.
• Jacob DE, Sandjaya. 2018. Factors that affect the quality of life of the people of Karubaga district, Tolikara sub-district, Papua province. National Journal of Health Sciences (JNIK) . 1(69): 1–16.
• Republic of Indonesia Ministry of Health. (2018a). 2018 Basic Health Research Results. Indonesian Ministry of Health . 53(9): 1689–1699.
• Republic of Indonesia Ministry of Health. (2018c). The Situation of Short Toddlers (Stunting) in Indonesia. Jakarta: Center for Data and Information.
• Khasanah NN, Susanto H., Rahayu WF 2019. Overview of Dental and Oral Health and Tooth Brushing Behavior in School-Age Children. Kendal STIKES Scientific Journal . 9(4): 327–334.
• Marsaoly OH, Wijayanti N., Ambarika R., Maria SK 2021. Analysis of the Causes of Stunting in Toddlers in the Work Area of Gandasuli Community Health Center South Halmahera Regency North Maluku (Qualitative Study). Journal for Quality in Public Health . 4(2): 330-344. Doi: 10.30994/ jqph.v 4i2.186.
• Mayfitriana Z., Suwargiani AA, Setiawan AS 2022. Growth Stunting Prevention in Indonesia: Dentist Knowledge and Perception. European Journal of Dentistry . Doi: 10.1055/s-0042-1757465.
• Muliadi T., Khairunnas, Syafiq A. 2021. The Importance of Nutrition Intervention for Children Over 24 Months of Age for Cognitive Growth and Development (A Systematic Review). Health Magazine . 8(1): 54-63.
• Naila NN, Mahfuz M., Hossain M., Arndt M., Walson JL, Nahar B., Ahmed T. 2021. Improvement in Appetite Among Stunted Children Receiving Nutritional Intervention in Bangladesh: Result from a Community-Based Study. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition . 75(9): 1359-1367. Doi: 10.1038/s41430-020-00843-9 .
• Nasia AA, Arumrahayu W., Rosalien R., Maharani DA, Adiatman M. 2019. Child-Oral Impacts on Daily Performances Index in Indonesia: Cross-Cultural Adaptation and Initial Validation. Malaysian Journal of Public Health Medicine . 19(2): 68-77.
• Nasia AA, Rosyidah AN, Ibrahim N. 2022. Relationship between Parental Health Behavior and Oral Health Related Quality of Life among Preschoolers . e-GiGi Journal . 10(1): 135-143.
• Nassar AA, Fatani BA, Almobarak OT, Alotaibi SI, Alhazmi RA, Maghalani AA 2022. Knowledge, Attitude, and Behavior of Parents Regarding Early Childhood Caries Prevention of Preschool Children in Western Region of Saudi Arabia: A Cross-Sectional Study. Dentistry Journal . 10(218): 1-11. Doi: 10.3390/dj10120218 .
• Nugraheni H., Sadimin, Sukini. 2019. Determinant Dental Caries Prevention Behavior of School Students Elementary in Semarang City. Journal of Dental Health . 6(1): 26-34.
• Priasmodiwati AS 2019. The Effect of Stunting Incidents on the Quality of Life of Children Aged 2-4 Years in the Working Area of the Gedangsari Ii Health Center, Gunung Kidul Regency . Thesis . Yogyakarta: Yogyakarta Health Polytechnic.
• Rahmadiyah D., Sahar J., Widyatuti. 2022. Public Health Interventions to Reduce Stunting in Toddlers: A Systematic Review. Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences . 10(F): 158-167.
• Ratih IADK, Yudita WH 2019. Relationship between Knowledge Level on How to Maintain Dental and Oral Health and Availability of Toothbrushing Equipment in Class IIB Prisoners in Gianyar Prison in 2018. Journal of Dental Health . 6(2): 23–26.
• Rokhmah D., Ma'rufi I., Rohmawati N., Moelyaningrum AD, Hidayati MN, Bahyu R. 2021. Environmental Sanitation and Nutritional Status in Families with Stunting Toddlers in Jember Regency: Perspective of Health Workers at the Health Center. 5th Public Health Leadership . 211-220.
• Sadida Z., Indriyanti R., Setiawan A. 2021. Does Growth Stunting Correlate with Oral Health in Children? . A Systematic Review. European Journal of Dentistry . 16(1) : 32-40.
• today. 2022. Incidence of Stunting in Toddlers in View of Age and Gender Characteristics. MAKIA Journal of Health Sciences . 12(1): 8-12.
• Septiani D., Sughesti D., Susanti D., Sihombing MTP, Novitasari S. 2022. The Importance of Maintaining Dental and Oral Health in the Era of the COVID'19 Pandemic, for the Continuity of Business Activities. PCM Dedication . 3(1): 56-66.
• Setyawati VA 2018. Stunting Study by Age and Gender in Semarang City. The 7th University Research Colloquium 2018: Science and Health . 834-838.
• Sulistiarini, Hargono R. 2018. The Relationship between Healthy Lifestyle Behavior and the Health Status of the Ujung Village Community. Promkes Journal . 6(1): 12-22.
• Sutanti V., Fuadiyah D., Prasetyaningrum N., Pratiwi AR, Kurniawati CS, Nugraeni Y., Rachmawati YL, Kumala YR, Priyanto R., Milla LE 2021. Cariology and Caries Management. Malang: UB Press.
• Suyanto, Amal AI, Noor MA, Astutik IT 2018. Research Data Analysis: Practical Instructions for Health Students Using SPSS. Semarang: UNISSULA Press.
• Yani RWE, Prijatmoko D., Setyorini D., Sulistiyani. 2022. Behavior to Maintain Stunted Toddlers' Dental and Oral Health during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Health Scientific Forum (FORIKES) . 87-90.